Advanced Practice Nurses are registered nurses who have received additional education and specialize in a certain type of nursing practice, including nurse-midwives, who help deliver babies and work with pregnant women. Let’s learn about how to be an Advanced Practice Nurse without a Master’s degree.
To be an Advanced Practice Nurse without a Master’s Degree
Nurse practitioners, who provide primary care; Nurse anesthesiologists, who administer anesthesia to surgical patients; And clinical nurse specialists, who work as nursing instructors, consultants, and supervisors.
Advanced practice nurses need an advanced degree to get a license, and that means they usually have at least a bachelor’s degree.
The required degree
Becoming a Registered Nurse usually requires an associate’s or a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
In order to become an advanced practice nurse, an RN must first complete graduation and then receive further education at the undergraduate level.
According to the American Nurses Association, nurse practitioners generally have a master’s degree or doctorate, and nurse anesthetists and clinical nurse specialists need to have at least one postgraduate degree.
The exception is the Certified Nurse-Midwife, who in some states is only required for postgraduate certification. However, the ANA also said that many hold master’s degrees.
More Interesting Articles
- Advantages of Retail – What are the Benefits of Working in Retail?
- Importance of Creativity in Workplace, Society, and Business
- Reason for Leaving Job on Application Form
- What is the Working Environment – How to Create a Good One?
- Reasons for Applying for a Job Example – Sample Answers
- Career Goals Essay – How do I Write my Career Goals?
- What are the Main Functions of Entrepreneurship?
- What do Mechanical Engineers Do – Degree | Jobs | Salary
- Weakness Meaning – How to Hide Professional Weaknesses in Resume
- Key Performance Indicators – Definition | Types | Examples
- How to use SWOT Analysis of A Person or Company
- Objectives, Training, and Process of Induction Program
- Paleoanthropology – A History of Hominization
- Organizational Decision Making – Process | Model | Importance
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter for Colleague
- How to become an Apiarist – Jobs and Salary
- Selection Interview – Questions | Process | Preparation
- Competency Mapping – Methods | Tools | Importance
- What is an Ecologist – Salary | Career | Job Description
- How to become an Ornithologist – Meaning | Job | Salary
- Zoologist – Salary | Jobs | Requirements | Job Description