Many people are curious to know do Cops take an Oath? Yes, they do. Generally, state and local police officers receive a law enforcement Oath of Honor at the beginning of their careers. The oath ensures their integrity, courage, and respect for community and law. The oath may vary somewhat. For example, in Virginia, the phrase “… so I hear God” is added. However, the oaths commonly used reflect the version approved by the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
Oath of a police officer
The widely used oath taken by the International Association of Chiefs reads, “On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the Constitution, my community, and the agency I serve.”
More Interesting Articles
- Advantages of Retail – What are the Benefits of Working in Retail?
- Importance of Creativity in Workplace, Society, and Business
- Reason for Leaving Job on Application Form
- What is the Working Environment – How to Create a Good One?
- Reasons for Applying for a Job Example – Sample Answers
- Career Goals Essay – How do I Write my Career Goals?
- What are the Main Functions of Entrepreneurship?
- What do Mechanical Engineers Do – Degree | Jobs | Salary
- Weakness Meaning – How to Hide Professional Weaknesses in Resume
- Key Performance Indicators – Definition | Types | Examples
- How to use SWOT Analysis of A Person or Company
- Objectives, Training, and Process of Induction Program
- Paleoanthropology – A History of Hominization
- Organizational Decision Making – Process | Model | Importance
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter for Colleague
- How to become an Apiarist – Jobs and Salary
- Selection Interview – Questions | Process | Preparation
- Competency Mapping – Methods | Tools | Importance
- What is an Ecologist – Salary | Career | Job Description
- How to become an Ornithologist – Meaning | Job | Salary
- Zoologist – Salary | Jobs | Requirements | Job Description