Green cardholders enjoy the same opportunities as native-born or naturalized US citizens, such as owning property, studying in a public school, and obtaining a driver’s license and Federal Government Jobs. This article will discuss Federal Government Jobs for a Green Card Holder.
Federal Government Jobs for a Green Card Holder
A green cardholder who becomes a US citizen qualifies for more opportunities, such as federal government jobs.
Eligibility for Federal Employment
As a general rule, federal jobs are only open to US citizens. Green cardholders are ineligible to hold federal civil service jobs and elected office.
Only US citizens can hold a seat in the US Senate or the House of Representatives, and most state and local governments impose similar restrictions.
A Green Cardholder is also ineligible to serve on a jury in a federal court case.
More Interesting Articles
- What are the Best Performance Appraisal Methods?
- Importance of HR Management – What is Human Resource Management
- How to Achieve your Goals and Dreams – Achieving Smart Goals
- Keys to a Successful Interview – 12 Tips You shouldn’t Avoid
- What is cultural competence in the workplace? Principles
- Importance of Business Ethics – How to Grow Ethics
- How to Solve Problems in Life – Steps to Problem Solving
- Social Skills Examples – What are Good Social Skills and How to Obtain?
- Signs of a Bad Coworker – What is a Toxic Employee?
- Examples of Problems in Life – Problem Solving Steps to Overcome
- What is a Classic Entrepreneur and Entrepreneurship?
- Types of Professional Licenses – What are Some Professional Licenses?
- What are Your Goals for the Future – Life Goals List and Future aspirations
- What are Examples of My Skills that Reflect Employability?
- Work Environment Types – What is an Ideal Work Environment?
- Confronting a Disrespectful Boss in a Professional Way
- Public Relations Officer Duties and Responsibilities
- What are the Consequences of Unethical Business Practices?
- How to Write the Best Reference Letter for a Friend
- Types of Creativity – What are the Major Aspects of Creativity?