Seamstress is sometimes referred to as a dressmaker, custom drape or couturier who has a handsome salary considering experience, competition as well as quality of work. A seamstress is a clothing industry technicians or professionals who make, sew or change clothing with an average salary. This article will discuss about seamstress salary.
How is the seamstress salary?
Although seamstress and tailoring titles have historically been applied to women and men respectively, there is no functional difference in their responsibilities.
The wages of a seamstress can vary significantly depending on factors such as its geographical location and type of employer.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average hourly wage for beaches across the United States was up to May 27. 13.85.
The top 10 percent of competitors earn more than $ 45,290 per year, while the bottom 10 percent earn less than $ 17,540 in annual wages. The median annual income for US-based seamstresses was $ 26,210.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 5 percent of the country’s beaches worked in California as of May 27, where they earned an average annual wage of $ 31,480.
Texas-based seamstresses make $ 25,380 a year, while those who work in Michigan earn an average wage of $ 27,780 per year. Seamstresses who work in New York receive the highest average wage in the country for $ 37,170 per year.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, on May 27, more than a third of all Stammstresses worked in clothing stores.
Those who work at the clothing store receive an average wage of $ 14.38 per hour.
The seamstress, working in the motion picture and video industry, received the highest compensation of $ 19.76 per hour for their profession as salary.
Those who work for dry cleaners or laundry services receive an average of 85.5 wages per hour.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a slight change in the demand for new seamstresses between 20 and 2021, with employment growth of around 8 percent.
Increased automation and continued dependence on foreign labor pools are expected to keep demand low.
The seamstress who has the experience and is highly skilled should have the most employment opportunities and a higher salary.
More Interesting Articles
- What are the Best Performance Appraisal Methods?
- Importance of HR Management – What is Human Resource Management
- How to Achieve your Goals and Dreams – Achieving Smart Goals
- Keys to a Successful Interview – 12 Tips You shouldn’t Avoid
- What is cultural competence in the workplace? Principles
- Importance of Business Ethics – How to Grow Ethics
- How to Solve Problems in Life – Steps to Problem Solving
- Social Skills Examples – What are Good Social Skills and How to Obtain?
- Signs of a Bad Coworker – What is a Toxic Employee?
- Examples of Problems in Life – Problem Solving Steps to Overcome
- What is a Classic Entrepreneur and Entrepreneurship?
- Types of Professional Licenses – What are Some Professional Licenses?
- What are Your Goals for the Future – Life Goals List and Future aspirations
- What are Examples of My Skills that Reflect Employability?
- Work Environment Types – What is an Ideal Work Environment?
- Confronting a Disrespectful Boss in a Professional Way
- Public Relations Officer Duties and Responsibilities
- What are the Consequences of Unethical Business Practices?
- How to Write the Best Reference Letter for a Friend
- Types of Creativity – What are the Major Aspects of Creativity?