What are the best industries to work in the future? If there is one thing that the COVID 19 pandemic has taught us, it is never too late to pursue your dream. Whether you decide which course to take in college or in your mid-30s and want a career switch, the message is to take the leap of faith. In this article, I will discuss the best 5 industries to work on now and in the future for a thriving career!
When choosing the right career to venture into, you need to future-proof yourself. This means that you should venture into an industry that is most likely to survive in the next couple of decades.
Best 5 industries to work in now and in the future for a thriving career
Companies are no longer looking for just educational qualifications; they want well-skilled employees and are driven to achieve their goals. There is a need to constantly reinvent yourself to remain relevant in your field of interest. Here are the top 5 industries for a thriving career in 2022 and beyond.
The health industry is one that will never cease to exist. Humans constantly invest in new treatment techniques, medicine, and medical devices to curb diseases. The ravaging COVID 19 pandemic highlighted the loophole in healthcare systems both at the country and individual hospital levels. The workforce was ill-prepared, the facilities were not well equipped, and the capacity at most hospitals was limited.
In 2018, the healthcare industry was estimated to have a net worth of about nine trillion US dollars. Additionally, recent studies have estimated that over two million health personnel need to be recruited to better serve the industry. Some of the careers in health that one can pursue are:
- Medical doctors
- Physical therapist
- Lab technician
- Medical engineer
- Research specialist
The job opportunities in the health sector are vast. The above list does not exhaust the career opportunities and the specialization areas. For instance, you may be wondering, what is a nurse practitioner? All you need to do is identify the area you are passionate about and bring change to that area.
Note that the training and experience for different qualifications may take years to acquire. However, the practice is rewarding. Additionally, there is a range of unique opportunities like travel doctors and nurses.
2. Information Technology
The tech industry is constantly evolving and requires fresh, innovative minds. The tech industry is vast and unique because it is the industry that cuts across all other sectors, one of the the best industries to work in the future. Technology serves to simplify processes, shorten procedures, and make them easier and cheaper to operate.
It is worthy to note that there has been a shift from smartphone development to software development. The trick to thriving in the tech industry is to find a solution to a problem. Some of the careers likely to stay in the tech industry are:
The increasing number of cyberattacks on companies and organizations has created a need for cyber security specialists. A cyber security specialist assesses the company’s data system, finds loopholes that cyberattackers might use, and sets up strategies that secure the company’s data.
A data specialist can extract useful information from a myriad of noisy unorganized data. They are pretty helpful in research, and companies often outsource such services.
More companies embrace remote working for their employees, which has necessitated tech advancement in cloud computing.
To pursue a career in tech, you don’t need a Bachelor’s in IT. Most companies are going for people who have a specialty in another area, and it is coupled with an online course in coding. A career in IT is gratifying, with salaries that range from five-digit to seven-digit figures.
Other careers that one can venture into in IT are:
- Software developer
- Computer System Analyst
- Sales Engineer
- Web Developer
- Systems and network administrator
3. Sales, Marketing, and Content Creation
The backbone of every business venture is selling its goods or services. The sales and marketing sector slowly evolves to a more interactive and personal approach. Companies are no longer marketing via the standard magazines, radio, or TV as fewer people are reached.
Social media brought about the aspect of digital marketing, which is slowly being embraced. More people are buying items based on personal testimonials from influencers. This led to the creation of careers like social media marketing and digital marketing. If you love having a conversation and are generally an extrovert, then this might be the right career path for you.
Other careers in the sales, marketing, and content creation arena include:
- Marketing Manager
- Digital marketing creator
- Search engine optimization (SEO) specialist
- Content Writer
- Sales representative
- Freelance blogger
4. Financial Management
A recent study reveals that the finance sector is expected to grow by 15% in the next ten years with emerging future job trends. Finance jobs are the most sought-after jobs because of the insane benefits, high salaries, and excellent progression opportunities. As people venture into entrepreneurship, they require someone to monitor their expenditure and income and advise them to make the right call.
This growing trend has seen finance specialists set up consultancy firms where companies can outsource their services. Some of the sought after career opportunities in finance are:
- Financial analyst
- Commercial banker
- Financial advisor
- Wealth manager
- Fintech headhunter
- Finance engineer
If there is a sector here to stay, it is the education sector, one of the best industries to work in now and in the future. Constantly, humans are in the pursuit of more knowledge through research. Also, there is a need to keep this knowledge in a circuit for the next generation to use the information to advance their lives.
To become a teacher or lecturer, you need to take a short-term course that will equip you with the necessary skills to teach. To increase the demands for your services and get higher pay, you need to specialize. This will create a niche that only you can satisfy.
Also, education is now a way to make passive income by writing books, creating short-term courses, or youtube videos. Careers in the education sector are:
- Teachers (kindergarten, high-school, and post-high school teachers)
- Lecturers at the college and university level
- Curriculum developer
- Special education teacher
- School counselor
- Language teacher
- Educational content creator
In summary, these are the five sectors deemed secure for a thriving career in 2022 and beyond. Whatever sector that you choose, select one where your passion lies. It would be best if you are specialized. Specialization creates a niche that only you can satisfy, giving you a competitive edge.
Guest Article by Eve Anderson
More Interesting Articles
- Chairperson Role Description that Leads a Company Front
- Most Satisfying Jobs List – What Makes the Most Meaningful Career?
- Describe Yourself as a Leader – 3 ways to Establish Yourself as a Leader
- Email for Internship – 11 Professional Rules to Follow
- Interview Question Tell Me About a Time – 50 Best Samples
- Minimum Wage Policy Guide Determines Minimum Wage Budget Plan
- Networking Skills that Every Professional Needs to Have
- Features of e-Commerce – How to Cope with Future Digital Markets?
- Examples of Threats – Why Great Companies Handle Them on Top
- Sources of Competitive Advantage for Sustainable Companies
- Problem Solving Skills Examples – Handle Tactfully in the Workplace or Interview
- Purpose of SWOT Analysis – How SWOT Goals and Objectives are Achieved
- Career Vision Examples – How to Develop a Vision Statement
- Promotion Request Letter – How to Write with Confidence that Doesn’t Fail
- Reference Letter for Student – How Long Should a Letter of Recommendation Be?
- Types of Innovation – Examples of Innovative Solutions to Problems
- What is the Decision Making Process that Shapes Great Companies
- Unethical Behavior in Business – Distasteful Practices that Ruin Culture
- Importance of Interpersonal Skills – Definition | Resume | Organizational Behavior
- Effective Decision Making Examples – Scenarios in Management and Business