Availing expertise in courses like CCNA and CCNP is always handsome. There is debate on CCNA vs CCNP, which is better than what. In fact, training both on CCNA vs CCNP is worthy in specific areas. This article will discuss on every possible factor on CCNA vs CCNP.
Difference between CCNA vs CCNP
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) certifications fall under the list of highly-recognized networking based entry-level networking certificates. This is an ideal fit for people with around 1-2 years of experience in networking engineering.
One of the main advantages of this is that it is very affordable. CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) certification is available to all IT professionals who are interested and have at least one-year networking experience.
A high school certificate or equivalent is required. The purpose behind this certification is with professionals who are looking for programs for specialized training in the implementation, planning, and maintenance of all high-level network solution products.
Let’s read more about CCNA vs CCNP:
Over the past few years, Cisco credentials have become extremely popular. These certifications are regarded as one of the most valuable certifications in the industry today. The best way to showcase your skillset to most employers is through its credentials.
It also gives you a higher probability of being hired with a higher wage offer. There are many certifications in various domains such as ISTQB among the most recognized certifications for the test world, OCJP and OCWP for anyone with a Java background, AWS Solution Cloud Architect Professional for Cloud Experience Goes Certificate if you have a Background / Big Data background.
However, CDH, HDP or MapR backed credentials Letters will give you purposeful benefits. Similarly, we are going to discuss these two certificates that identify their presence in the computer network.
One is CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) and the other is CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate).
Both the CCNP vs. CCNP credentials belong to the Cisco ecosystem, which provides networking and infrastructure components.
It has also taken innovations in switching, routing and networking technologies over the past few decades.
These credentials teach different skills at different levels and are geared towards different IT positions and types of work.
Students are expected to learn hard hours before participating in these exams, and their validity is three years before they need renewal.
The main goal of CCNA certification is that it provides an associate-level certification for beginners and enthusiasts who already have some experience with networking.
Students interested in the CCNA program will have to go through rigorous training and testing to maintain, install, and troubleshoot Cisco Medium Networking devices.
Students are also tested and trained in the installation and troubleshooting of end-to-end networking.
This is a way to teach you more about the concepts and basics of a networking environment.
This certification also ensures that starters have a basic level of familiarity with operating IT equipment without having to experience much of the problem.
The material will be suitable for a Cisco-based environment, it is also useful at the basic level.
Difference between CCNA vs CCNP
CCNA vs. CCNP are both popular choices in the market; Let’s talk about some major differences between CCNA and CCNP
The primary difference between CCNA and CCNP lies in the depth of their education.
CCNA aims to provide an associate-level certification for beginners and enthusiasts with some pre-networking experience.
They will also be familiar with an IT tool and also about the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of a networking solution where CCNP targets candidates with more focus on specialized programs because it has higher certification levels.
The next difference is, of course, within the structure of the curriculum. The CCNA certificate provides you the choice between two options.
- Option 1: 200-120 CCNAX (CCNA interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated)
- Option 2: 100-101 ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) and 200-101
In the case of CCNP, the course curriculum covers the basics of IT networking such as:
- Cisco Remote Access
- Cisco Multilayer Switching
- Cisco Advanced Routing
- Scalable Internet
- Transformed network optimization
The CCNA certificate contains a test 640-822 ICND1 that interconnects with Cisco Network Devices 1 with a test fee of 125 and about 40-50 questions with a test period of 90-7 minutes, and the CCNDA tests include ICND1 and ICND2 tests.
Both include basic problem-solving. Since problem-solving is a prerequisite for any network administrator and therefore related issues and questions have been introduced in both tests. It is also important to understand the function of the OSI layer model and its functionality.
At each level, there are key network issues, different show and debug commands.
Installation, troubleshooting and maintenance for both CCNPs from 100 to 500 nodes in WAN and LAN Students gain a high level of proficiency in other protocols that include route distribution, Ethernet, access list and Apple Talk. Knowledge of IP switched networks and other routing technologies is also tested.
CCNA vs. CCNP comparison table
- The following is a top comparison between CCNA vs. CCNP
Compare the basics between CCNA vs CCNP
- There are no mandatory prerequisites for this certificate
- Requires a high school certificate or equivalent
- Test Type
- The learning curve
- Testing the switching and routing of the fundamentals
- Deep knowledge and understanding of LAN and WHS and their co-existence is required.
- Exam details
- Provides you an option to choose between two types of tests
- Switches, routers, and shoots require three tests.
- Network technician
- Helpdesk Engineer
- Service Desk Engineer
- Network Support Engineer
- First and second line support
Third line support
- Network Engineer
- The leader of the IT team
- Network Analyst
- Network Expert
- Management engineer
Conclusion – CCNA vs. CCNP
Both CCNP vs. CCNP certifications will certainly add value to your career and especially if you are trying to get into the network.
Choose a certificate that suits your background and it shines on your goals and market as it is not an end-to-end industry. You can choose to have both CCNA vs CCNP certifications.
In that case, we suggest you go first to CCNA and then CCNP. Stay tuned to our blog for more of this post.
More Interesting Articles
- Personal Letter Structure – A Complete Guide with Example
- Functional Level Strategy with Explanation and Examples
- An Analysis of Entrepreneurial Functions
- Creative Professional Self Introduction Examples
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Ways of Effective Communication that Payback the Most
- Professional Communication in Workplace – Definition | Skills | Class
- Consistency in Communication – Theory | Principle | Example
- Creativity in Communication Skills Development and Practice
- Conciseness in Communication – How to Improve Skills
- What are you Looking for in a Job Best Answer
- Part-time Job for Retiree – The Top Jobs for Workers Over 65
- Pros and Cons of Charismatic Leadership
- Conversation with Boss about Promotion
- Importance of SWOT Analysis in 2021 and Future
- Unique Selling Proposition Examples
- Career Planning Definition, Concept, Steps, and Process
- Examples of Passion in Life | Relationship | workplace
- Experience on the Resume that Fits the Desired Job
- The Key to Email Subject Lines for Job That Gets Opened