World is changing. With the dimension of business, the future eCommerce trends are also changing everyday. The concept of marketplace is also being changed. It is because of the need of the increasing number of population. We all know what is online marketplace. The digital marketplace is also on the boom. Online buyers is expected to jump up to more than 30% by 2021. Therefore, the future of ecommerce is indicating a monopoly over all business trends in the future.
Why is eCommerce growing
Because of the clients’ need, boundaries of digital marketplace has rise up. E commerce business has been a major trend in the world. It has been a leapfrog moment of marketeers. Thus, future eCommerce trend by 2030 gives us a significant implication. People who can sense the change are able to adapt the changes might caused by the unseen but predicted future of ecommerce
Moreover, retaining sellers are adopting marketing; integrated platform services offer scopes for businessmen to create standalone value. Sellers disengage from marketplaces because platforms don’t provide growth as a service at its core.
Most importantly, the research said, retaining and activating buyers also requires marketing with social media and meaningful loyalty programs. Lack of sellers and shipping costs and fees combined with poor customer engagement and experiences drive buyers away from the trade. Future of ecommerce addresses this parameter for positioning itself.
All big brands as well as the niches have extended their operation digitally in e commerce business. Marketplaces, that means digital platforms are open to third-party merchants, have steadily increased their share of global digital commerce.
Concentration of sellers
An e commerce business growth statistics shows that the e commerce future trend through an e commerce analysis. New product launches, revenue growth and customer acquisition top the list of marketplace business objectives by 2010 and beyond.
Moreover, the most marketplaces reported GMV (gross merchandise volume, a business metrics) of between $500 to $999 million during that time gained from ecommerce business platforms.
That is to say, most marketplaces claim that the concentration of sellers driving 80% of transactions ranges between 40% to 60%. Audiences came to know, marketplaces aim to find the sweet spot of seller and transaction concentration 80% of total transactions generated by 20% of sellers.
Concept of e commerce
People can buy and sale 24/7 with ease in an e commerce business platform. And without any barrier. It is one of great benefits of ecommerce business. Most importantly, one needn’t to undergo huge space, interior, location, and other so called business theories. Now, through the digital marketplace, from a pin to plane everything is available. It is the basic concept of e commerce, also visualize the rise of future e commerce.
As per the eCommerce trend, eCommerce will soon account for 15% of all specialty retail sales in North America (in China, e commerce business is 23% of all retail) and digital influences nearly 60% of all retail sales. Fueled by mobile, which saw sales increase 55% in a year, eCommerce in North America grew by 16% in 2018 to over $500 billion.
e commerce growth statistics
As per source, e commerce growth statistics shows, worldwide retail e-commerce sales was 2.3$ trillion (2017), whereas e-retail revenues are estimated to increase up to 4.88$ trillion (2021). Another source says, almost 95% (2040) of buy and sale will be facilitated by eCommerce. 77% of adults from UK have experience to buy goods or services online during their lives. e commerce growth statistics also states that Millennials now make their 54% of buy and sale online.
These e commerce growth statistics symbolizes the leapfrog progress in number and involvement.
How is e commerce helpful
Taste of buyers has changed. As the use of internet, computer and mobile, has increased dramatically, it was necessary to relate business activities in these. And e-commerce has been able to draw attention to the buyers and sellers. E commerce is a good platform to exchange. Digital marketplace saves time and effort. People can save their time. This trend is a basic component to determine the future of ecommerce industries throughout the world.
If we go back to the trend of your shopping, you had to wait for the shop to open. You used to wait for auctions. Buyers were to visit distant shops for the desired products.
Supply chain management was a challenge for the stakeholders. Many other factors were associated to the success and failure of the exchange.
Types of ecommerce
Based on categories of “products and services” an ecommerce platform buys and sells, we can name different ecommerce businessmen. Initially, however, we can segmentize types of ecommerce as follows:
Physical Products selling Platforms:
- Typical online retailers
- Sell physical products
- Shipment after the financial transaction
- Shipment through in-store pick up or other retailers
- e commerce examples: Zappos, Warby Parker, Bonobos
Service delivery e-merchants:
- Online support services
- Products are: Consultation, training, education, freelancing
- Buy and sale through: Online interaction and deal (Blue Fountain Media), or direct sale from the website (Fiverr.com)
- e-products selling online platform
- Digital products like e-books, software, online courses, virtual goods, graphics and design, photography, etc.
- e commerce examples: Slack, Lynda.com, Udemy, Shutterstock
Based on categories of “involved parties” of an ecommerce platform, we may justify types of ecommerce as follows:
ecommerce match making types:
1. Online marketplaces
- Transactions can occur through website in the marketplaces
- Build networking between buyer and sellers
- May not have inventory
- e commerce examples: Alibaba, Amazon, Fiverr, Upwork, eBay, Etsy
2. Online Storefronts
- Direct method to conduct ecommerce
- ecommerce solutions and shopping carts facilitate business deals
- e commerce examples: Shopify, Drupal Commerce, BigCommerce, Volusion, Oracle Commerce, WooCommerce, Magento, Demandware
3. Social Media
- Coordinate a sale by directing buyers to an ecommerce platform
- Marketeers use these sites to exhibit their ecommerce products and services
- Facilitate users to purchase the desired ecommerce products or services straightaway from the site
- e commerce examples: Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Researchers find the following types of ecommerce around the world:
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Business-to-Administration (B2A)
- Consumer-to-Administration (C2A)
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
- Consumer-to-Business (C2B)
- Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C)
Considering the purpose, people adopt any or more than one types of ecommerce for their business operations that shows the benefits of ecommerce at present as well as in the future.
ecommerce usage stats
Blue ocean strategy is always a good source of innovation. In other words, Innovation is the nucleus of blue ocean strategies in the business. That is to say, online shopping is one of the amazing concepts with invention. Moreover, new feathers are continuously being added to harness it farther in e commerce business.
It is found marketplaces mention customer-facing challenges in pursuing growth caused by
- competitive differentiation
- buyer retention
- buyer acquisition
- social media engagement
New era begun
People has been overwhelmed with e-commerce business platform trends. It’s popularity has made an upheaval in the business kingdom. Earlier this year, Amazon surprisingly circulated that, more transactions were fulfilled directly from sellers than its fulfillment centers for the first time. This implies an upheaval of ecommerce in the near future.
It also revealed that products sold and fulfilled by third parties were more profitable. That’s the secret of the success. And this is a significant retail milestone in ecommerce business platforms, that bring the benefits of ecommerce.
eCommerce Technology Trends
Rapid growth of technology has greatly influences the transformation and types of the e commerce. Technology will also be continued with its leapfrog development. So, we can assume the pivotal types of eCommerce technology trends that will dominate online business. Moreover, digital retail market will continue on the basis of internet by innovation of new technologies, new consumer demands, and the increasing volume of customers in the coming days. This will definitely dominate the future of ecommerce businesses.
As per statistics, 125 million consumers own and use smartphones in the US alone. 62% of smartphone users have made an online buy using their mobile within the last 6 months. That is to say, more than 75 million shoppers are frequently making use of their mobile devices for shopping.
Following are a glimpse of eCommerce Technology Trends:
- Artificial intelligence
- Android mobile
- Mobile wallet
- Product customization
- Mobile App
- Online subscription services
- Product visualization
- Augmented reality
- Mobile optimization
- Virtual reality
- Block chain
- Reality and challenges
A survey among 100 marketplace businesses
A survey among 100 marketplace businesses explain the future types of ecommerce with the key findings, that include:
Marketplaces are driving significant revenue with ⅓ of the marketplaces it surveyed generating in excess of $100 million annually, whereas two-thirds generating more than $50 million via ecommerce business platforms.
Top priorities that explain the future types of ecommerce marketplace operators include new product launches, revenue and customer growth.
Challenges include churn, competitive differentiation, social media engagement, and customer acquisition.
Growth as a service is a primary motivator for sellers operating in these marketplaces.
Marketplaces will be relying on sophisticated multi-channel marketing strategies for customer acquisition and activation in the future of ecommerce.
Currently, e commerce business platforms has been ruling the monopoly business compared to other trend. Moreover, digital marketing as well as the marketplace have associated other supportive trends built in it.
It is really an interesting hybrid form of business. Types of ecommerce in fact is a successful package! Considering e commerce industry analysis, Credit Suisse estimated Amazon Marketplace sales at $135 billion in FY2018, and that number could swell to $259 billion by 2020. And, analysts predict that marketplaces around the world will account for 40% of the global online retail market by 2020.
Benefits of e commerce
There are a lot of benefits of ecommerce. Both buyers and sellers enjoy a good number of benefits of ecommerce in many ways. Due to benefits of ecommerce, this industry has grown up like a rocket speed. People has accepted this advantages as a part of their daily life.
E commerce industry analysis shows that everyone associated to digital marketplace has opportunities to gain profit in many ways. Overnight success of digital marketplaces is more than twenty years in the making and it’s continuously undergoing metamorphosis process. One of the greater benefits of e commerce business platforms is that everyone gets share from it.
30 Benefits of ecommerce
- Captivate New Clients by means of Online Appearance
- Reduce Travel Time
- Present Products Database
- Decrease Expenses
- Merchandise Products all over the Globe
- Give More Freedom to Customers
- Grant Satisfied Consumers to Merchandise your Products
- Minimize Geographical Limitations
- Build Focused Communication
- Offer better Products and Variation due to Competitions
- Enable Research on Purchasing Trends of Clients
- Comprise Warranty Information
- Minimizing Expenses of Inventory Management
- Provide Real-time Analytics
- Render better Innovation and Blue OIcean ideas
- Identify Scalability
- Pick the Items Faster
- Enable 24*7/365 services
- Enhance Brand Consciousness
- Virtual economic investment
- Enable Comparative Shopping
- Provide Enormous Information
- Enable Multi-site Operations
- Facilitate Bargains, Deals, Coupons, and Group Purchase
- Establish Marketplace for Niche Items
- Enable Variation of Products
- Enhance quality due to higher competitions
- Provide Large Scale Supply Chain Management
- Create Easier Scopes for Startups and Small Businesses
- Keep pace with the future
The transformation has forced to enhance business opportunities as well as competition for sellers/providers to satisfy need of the customers. So, e commerce industry analysis has opened up a broader options of choice, advantages, convenience, taste and value for consumers. Future of ecommerce will experience a drastic change, relocating and restoration through a series of benefits.
Marketeers at any cost don’t want to lose and current customers. Also, they are in the drive to pick new customers with their effort, research and campaigns. Therefore competition, quality and options are open up in the market. Thus, benefits of ecommerce lead innovation in many ways.
From the early days of eBay in 1995 to niche and bespoke players such as Etsy in 2005 to the rise of the “sharing economy” or “gig economy” in 2009 with the emergence of Uber, Airbnb, Etsy and Postmates – digital marketplaces are only becoming more prominent in the world of commerce. The more value a marketer could add, the higher popularity and profit it could make in the future of ecommerce business platforms.
Where is the destination
The core concept is to continuous up-gradation in the process. With the increasing demands of connected customers combined with the advancement of AI, machine learning and mobile, digital marketplaces are continuing to evolve as examples of e commerce. People will also be looking for suitable opportunities in future of ecommerce platforms.
More than a half of all marketplaces believe that repeat customers account for upwards of three-quarters of all transactions and one-third say repeat customers are responsible for half of all transactions. So, analyzing customers’ choice and need triggers the marketeers to mold their business strategies in the types of ecommerce platforms as well.
The consumption of products and services are same as before. But the concept of delivery, availability and displays have transformed the types of ecommerce business platforms. We can project easily that the process of innovation in digital marketplace will be continuing through ecommerce business platforms.
Future of ecommerce: secret of success
Bright spot in the future of retail marketplaces has been geared up. So, traditional retailers, existing marketplaces and new startups are equally racing to unite sellers and consumers in types of next-generation ecommerce platforms. Future of ecommerce indicates great twist anytime.
20 Predictions about future of eCommerce
- Rise of startups, as small businesses will be increasing in ecommerce business platforms
- Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) models will rise up.
- Rise of retail business via ecommerce business platforms [currently, e-commerce controls 11.9% of retail]
- ecommerce and retail marketing will be synthesized with each other with the combination of physical and digital marketing.
- Dominance of online shopping in e commerce business platforms.
- Rise of contents will be the talk of the time, data will be the king.
- Rise of smart phone will be on the rise in future of ecommerce [smartphone users to be crossed five billion by 2019]
- Customers might be paying more interest buying from their organic search results, article and long tail keywords searching
- Dominance of outsourcing, that will create more businesses on ecommerce business platforms.
- Brands and marketeers will be a standing on concurrent social issues in the future of ecommerce due to customers’ choice.
- B2B eCommerce to surpass B2C eCommerce [US B2B retail topped $8 trillion as of 2014]
- Relationship to be strengthened through virtual and physical solidification.
- Customer Focus, clients personalization will get more attention due to competition in types of ecommerce platforms. 93% of companies observe an increase in conversion rates from personalisation.
- Personalized relationship development with the consumers by email, SMS, or website will bring better outcome
- Rise of Artificial Intelligence will make the job systematic in e commerce business
- Ecommerce and Social media will be vividly vibrant to each other.
- Dominance of video contents [51% of marketing professionals consider ‘video’ content a safe stuff for ROI. Social media video creates more over 1200% shares compared to text and images altogether.
Video view have surpassed 258% on Facebook and 99% on YouTube (June 2017)]
- Rise of social media marketing will strike the business fields in the future of ecommerce because of its power to penetrate the target audience very easily.
- International e commerce drift from west to east will be continued [1.4 billion population will come in touch by the next year and 85% of new users will be from the APAC- Asian region]
- Optimization of PC with mobile will be high priority with the rise of cheap internet cost and availability to greater part of the globe.
Career path for professionals
Digital marketplaces have turned a useful platforms. So, businessmen are enhancing product and service models and experiences between what sellers offer and what buyers demand. Convert your failure in success by reflecting ecommerce knowledge.
During the current years, e commerce industry analysis makes is practical to explain the future of ecommerce. Career for expert professionals has also been hiked up drastically. A great number of experts, analysts, programmers, and marketing agencies are also in place that explain the future of ecommerce as well as the ecommerce business growth.
Action plan for ecommerce business growth must now represent more than a convenient place for suppliers and buyers. E commerce industry analysis need now to constantly push beyond the status quo. While consumers may want greater choices, they also want simplicity, utility, integration and value-added experiences. They will be seeking fluent online transaction in the future of ecommerce.
Current trend is on a platform economy where e commerce industry analysis predicts that, trend of digital marketplace will be growing at an incredible pace. E commerce business platforms for next generation will be established on early product-oriented marketplaces.
Adaptation with change
The crucial question is as always is- what the marketeers offer? What is the trend of buyers’ demand? Frequently, marketplaces are reinforcing product and service models and experiences between these quo.
Due to consumers’ choice, sellers are expected to render services offer using complete, integrated and end-to-end experiences. It signifies future ecommerce trends, considering benefits of e commerce, ecommerce knowledge and ecommerce business platforms.
For example, e commerce business platforms that serve sports item, need to provide customers with personalized discovery, quality, locations, reviews, variation, pictures, videos, home delivery, corporate and individual offers, quantity, coupons, discount, credit, installments, trial and what not in the e commerce industry analysis!
Grab International ecommerce markets
Future of e commerce has turned this world a global village. Internet has brought the shop in the footsteps, mobile phones with data has made the purchase options more frequent and accessible. To penetrate the international markets, you have to understand the abilities, changes, economies, cultures and the market patters. Learning languages of the other countries will surely put you ahead of others in the competition. Also, you should be learning email etiquette, negotiation skills, as well as telephone etiquette.
Digital marketplaces is assumed to persist to expand and diversify by introducing new retail and service involvements to sellers and buyers simultaneously. Main drivers of e-commerce are explained. It will unleash benefits of e commerce more rapidly in future. Future of ecommerce essay, as well as news, information and prediction call on a huge transition.
The door is open for all. Because, e commerce business platforms are about to open doors to more new variety of retailers and service providers. Therefore, we need to keep pace with innovative techniques to cope up with future ecommerce trends to expose ecommerce knowledge. So, smart marketers are ready to pay continuous extra effort on research, supply chain, need assessment, products development and customer retention strategies. to get dominance in e commerce business platforms.
Future of ecommerce will broaden customer choice for more diversified product and service offerings. Moreover, it will cherish healthy competition and boost up continuous innovation. Finally, apart from experience, trust, values, loyalty and unique marketing style will be valued over timer.